DETECTION DOG OPERATIONS COURSE
Award: Statement of Attainment
Duration: 4 weeks (Full Time: Mon-Fri)
Location: Dog Force Australia K9 Training Centre
The Detection Dog Operations Course is specifically designed for civilian participants currently employed (or seeking employment) as a detection dog handler.
Participants will receive training in high level detection dog handling skills in both narcotics and explosives odours including;
- Instruction in all facets of handling a detection dog in the operational context .
- full exposure and assessment to ensure the participant is comfortable in a range of operational environments likely to be encountered by a detection dog.
- how to handle a detection dog to search for the following odours;
- ICE – Methyl Amphetamine / Amphetamine
- Black Powder
- Ammonium Nitrate Fuel Oil (ANFO)
- Trinitrotoluene (TNT)
- Sodium Chlorate
- Semtex, Taggants (Icad Mandated)
- Smokeless Powder, RDX, PETN, TATP, HMTD
The course is delivered by practical “one on one” instruction by former canine law enforcement dog trainers and supported by the following nationally recognised units of competency;
ACMSPE304 Provide basic care of dog
ACMGAS306A Assist with conditioning of animals.
PSPBDR303 Deploy detector dog
CSCDOG007 Train dogs in agility work
To Apply for this course click the APPLY tab below.